Monday, October 24, 2011

They said I could be anything I wanted, so I became fabulous!

Guest post by Buddha.

Howdy folks, Buddha here. Max Power asked me to help and share my views on 40K gaming. Just a bit about me:

I am a 25 year old gamer who started playing with minis in 6th grade. I started playing 40k at the end of 2nd edition/start of 3rd, at DAKKA DAKKA. Currently, I run events at the Game Castle, and try to play when I can. I normally play Dark Angels green wing, so it's rare that I take terminators or bikes.

After many years of 40k and playing in countless events, I've developed a unique view on gaming. I play with a strategy of shock and confuse. Yes, you read that right, shock and confuse. I don't build my list to win. In fact, I take what are considered the oddest lists at my local store, and I am proud of it. I enjoy playing these lists for two main reasons: it makes the game a bit more of a challenge, and the look on my opponent's face is priceless when they try to figure out what I'm doing.

For my next post, I'll show you how rocking 60 scouts in a 1250 event is an awesome way to play a game.

Till then, I leave you with these parting words.

If you are strong feign weakness. If weak, pretend strength. Whatever your position, conceal it from the enemy, and he will waste his armies fighting his own phantoms.

Buddha


I'm pleased to have Buddha as a guest author. His view on 40k will be a nice contrast to the more competitive material Robin and I bring. I plan on posting a battle report between Robin's Dark Eldar and my Vulkan marines in the next couple days. Hint: I got stomped.

Max

1 comment:

  1. Re-size Photos in photo program and then put them up. Like Photobucket, shrink them to a more manageable size.

    ReplyDelete